Sunday, June 1, 2008

War

Focused on the Goal 12-14 I'm not saying that I have this all together, that I have it made. But I am well on my way, reaching out for Christ, who has so wondrously reached out for me. Friends, don't get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I've got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I'm off and running, and I'm not turning back. 15-16 So let's keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you'll see it yet! Now that we're on the right track, let's stay on it. Philippians 3:14-16 (The Message)





That about the size, where you put your eyes, that's about the size of it. Those are lyrics from an old Seseme Street song. It has been going through my head this morning with pictures.



I believe God was saying that to us in His word in so many different ways. He says to keep your focus on Him and not on our trials and tribulations. To have strong faith in His power and not fear the hardships of this world. You shall reap the harvest if you faint not.



This week has been a real test and trial. The lesson was once again 'How to stay focused on Him and keep my focus off symptoms'. When the pain levels are high, fever us raging and every breath is a struggle it is a bigger battle to face head on with strength and courage and faith in the truth that "by His stripes I am healed!" We made it through the week and will make it through the next. Someone once said the "biggest battles of every war was the last one fought". In that case, I'll pack the food and ammo and dig a deep fox hole--I intend to win the war!


28-29"But if it's by God's power that I am sending the evil spirits packing, then God's kingdom is here for sure. How in the world do you think it's possible in broad daylight to enter the house of an awake, able-bodied man and walk off with his possessions unless you tie him up first? Tie him up, though, and you can clean him out. 30"This is war, and there is no neutral ground. If you're not on my side, you're the enemy; if you're not helping, you're making things worse. Matthew 12:29-30 (The Message)

No comments: