Those who obey his commands remain united with him and he with them. Here is how we know that he remains united with us: by the Spirit whom he gave us. 1 John 3:24 TCJB
I really have been "on my face a lot lately." When I seem to have tripped and fallen on my face, I find I am in a perfect position to seek God for the forgiveness, repent and get the direction to get back up and persevere on the path again.
Have you ever gone for a long hike and got so weary that you found yourself tripping and lagging behind? Did you ever miscalculate and stay out too long without a flashlight making it tedious searching to find your way home? Maybe you were just going for a short little walk to clear your head and the next thing you knew you were miles from home. I have although it has been years but I remember those sudden feelings of despair, confusion, panic and embarrassment.
It is so important to keep your guard up and focus. So many times I have meditated on Romans 12:12, "Rejoice in your hope, be patient in your troubles, and continue steadfastly in prayer." If you are always aware of His presence and seeking the Holy Spirit at all times-staying united-the path will be straight and smooth. The bumps will be less jolting, you won't notice the sand in your shoes and you'll always keep the spring in your step. I envision the path to even have reflectors along the sides for night walking, lots of benches, water fountains, port-a-pottys and ripe fruit trees with snacks. He meets all our needs when we stay connected. And best of all, my best friend is always there to listen when I need to talk and He gives the very best advice when I ask Him. He never leaves me nor forsakes me. Even when I step out on my own and fall flat on my face, He will be there to lift me up with His victorious right hand.
Thank you Lord for teaching me that although you would rather I listen and obey, if I step out in faith and fall, You will pick me up and set me aright when I ask for your forgiveness, repent, listen for your instruction and go forth in obedience. It is a process. For some of us it is a much longer process, I am so thankful You are so patient, loving, kind and merciful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment