God has poured out His love into our hearts.
ROMANS 5:5 NIV
In all things, may Jesus be the strength of our marriage, the center of our lives, the guide of our future, the source of our love.
I have heard it said so many times that God should be my source. It is usually in a financial context. Today more than ever, I realize that God needs to be my source in every area of my life--starting with His love.
Mark 12:30-31 (Amplified Bible) 30And you shall love the Lord your God out of and with your whole heart and out of and with all your soul (your life) and out of and with all your mind (with your faculty of thought and your moral understanding) and out of and with all your strength. This is the first and principal commandment. 31The second is like it and is this, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
There is no other commandment greater than these. Love is the the primary element of my walk with God. He is love and to be in Him and Him in me I need to be filled with His agape love and exude it to all around me. If you saw some of the people God has placed in my life, you would understand that's a tall order. "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me and on my own I can do nothing" makes perfect sense in this situation. Every test is refining me into what God has planned for my life. He is using so many people and situations to mold me like clay into the image of His dear Son. As our relationship grows, so do my coping skills. His love changes me, matures me spiritually, grows my patience and understanding of the hurts others are battling. He gives me strength as I draw it from Him. I draw from my never ending Source in every breath and prayer.
Without Him, how can I walk uprightly? Without His love, how can I minister to others? Without His love, how can I be a light to those stumbling in the dark? Without His love and example, how can I ever be expected to know how to love anyone else? Without His unconditional love, how can I love unconditionally? Without His grace, mercy and love, how would I have ever made it this far?
Lord, as I plug into You, my Source, pour out your love on me. Let it run down my head and shoulders and permeate my entire mind, soul and body. Pour out your love into my heart. Let your love burn in me, radiate and warm all those around me. Teach me how to love everyone around me as You do. I thank You for your constant presence, guidance and love in all my relationships. I praise You for all You have done, are doing and are going to do in my life and my loved ones lives. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment