Monday May 19, 2008
I had a dream this morning just before I awoke. One of those dreams that you know deep inside is a breakthrough. I makes you want to search the bible for the answer or more appropriately the question.
My husband and I were standing next to each other in a reddish mud filled with debris. It rose up as we stood there with an innocent unknowing look on our faces as if we were oblivious of it rising around us. When it was chest level, we realized we couldn't move. We were stuck in it unable to raise or arms or move our legs. A very fine warm misting rain began to fall and it felt good on our faces. It kept our small thirst quenched by opening our mouths and turning our heads upwards. It was sustaining but not nurturing or growing. The water smoothed the top of the mud and pooled on it but we still couldn't move. It wasn't washing it away or loosening it so we could get out. It was still ugly underneath no matter how good it looked on the surface. I heard the words being spoken over us, "I will protect you on all six sides but you must use the armour."
I said, "Is it the front, back, sides, top and bottom?" Nothing changed and it was silent. I said, "Is it north, south, east, west, above and beneath?" The sun became intensely bright and warm. That feeling of everything is going to be alright overwhelmed me and I had a fervor to search for the right words to speak. A new hope has dawned this day.
And fervently search is exactly what I did--for hours.Literally, I read hundreds of scriptures on north, south, east, west, above and beneath. I went to the bible dictionary and the concordance. I prayed and still it eluded me. I just knew there was something the Lord was trying to tell me. Finally, late afternoon I asked a trusted friend what she thought about the dream and my exhaustive search. She said maybe it is the armor you should be seeking.
The armor? Isn't that what the words are? What are the right words to form the armor? David had a slingshot and a prayer for armor and Saul was trying to put that heavy metal stuff on him. David couldn't move in the heavy metal stuff but slew that giant with the word of God and a simple slingshot. Lord, I need the right words from You and the right weapon to defeat the enemy--to evict the demons of disease from my body once and for all. As your word says in Nehemiah 1:9, "the affliction will not rise up a second time!"
Lord, I want to strap on Your armor and wield a mighty two-edged sword that pierces to the bone rightly dividing Your Word. I no longer want to be deceived by the enemy. My body belongs to You Lord--not me. It is consecrated to do your will. Lord, I pray for discipline in all areas of my life. I want to live wholly consecrated for You. You have bought me with a price-a very costly price-the blood of Jesus. I plead the blood of Jesus over my mind, body, emotions, soul, heart, desires and will. It is Your will and not mine that I desire. Mold me into what you plan for me. I know your plans are for good. Give me eyes to see and ears to hear what you are speaking to my heart and the discipline to carry it to completion. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment