Matthew 18:27 AMP And his master's heart was moved with compassion, and he released him and forgave him [cancelling] the debt.
That's the way I like to think of God. I love to think about his words in Exodus 34:6-7 (Amplified Bible)6And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord! the Lord! a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abundant in loving-kindness and truth, 7Keeping mercy and loving-kindness for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin,. It is the rest of that verse that sticks in my throat, "but Who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children and the children's children, to the third and fourth generation."
Every promise comes with a condition that is why it is so important to constantly guard my heart, renew my mind and feed my soul with the word of God. Relationships have to be nurtured lest they shrivel and die. My relationship with Jesus is the most important one in my life. Why wouldn't I want to spend time with Him everyday? I want to spend quality time with my husband every day and the LORD is to come before any other. Is it a nonchalant attitude that 'God loves me no matter what' that leads people to think 'God will understand if I don't take the time to consult Him first about the events of my day'? Do they rationalize that 'He is too busy to care about the little details so He leaves them up to me?' Is there a little pride in that thought?
Song of Solomon 2:15 [My heart was touched and I fervently sang to him my desire] Take for us the foxes, the little foxes that spoil the vineyards [of our love], for our vineyards are in blossom. That takes on more meaning when you remember Jesus said. "I AM the True Vine, and My Father is the Vinedresser."
Oprah was all upset about the scripture "God is a jealous God." But taken in context it makes perfect sense. The first commandment says to put nothing before God. They provoked Him to jealousy with strange gods, with abominations they provoked Him to anger. Deuteronomy 32:16 The people had turned away from God and worshipped man made idols no longer seeking God. Do we not do the same if our precious loved ones would rather spend time elsewhere than with us? How many tears have I shed because my children have gone against what I taught them and caused themselves great pain? When those you love and care for hurt or shun you, what emotions rise up in you?
Usually you can guage a persons reaction to scripture by the condition of their heart or the time they spend in relationship with Jesus-praising, worshipping, praying, reading and meditating the word. She was young and instead of talking to someone about what she was feeling she let it harden her heart and turn from the One she should have been running to. Young Chrstians need good teaching and fellowship just like our toddlers need us to hold their hands while they are learning to walk. Sometimes they stumble and need us to hold them up. Sometimes they fall and need us to pull them back up. Sometimes they take off running and need us to slow them down lest they fall flat on their face. When they get the hang of it and take off running on strong legs, they need our encouragement and praise. The race goes on for many years and we all need encouragement to run the race set before us. Life can be a marathon of tests and trials. God has graciously given us friends, loved ones and acquaintances to help cheer us on, give us water and cheer us to victory! He is such a loving God. He has made provision for our every need. It is our complaining and ungratefulness that causes us to stumble and fall. Looking up and drawing our strength from Him is the way to run a good race. My master's heart is moved with compassion as He sees me striving for the prize. He looks for ways to gently guide me along the path and I am so thankful that He loves me more than I could ever imagine. I want more than ever to delight my master and to receive His love.
Lord, thank you for Your compassion, love and patience. Fill me so that I may pour it out on all those around me. In Jesus' name I pray. AMEN
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment