Monday, August 10, 2009

Love One Another


"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. John 13:34 NASB


Forgiveness has been the main course of my prayer time and study lately. There really is a lot to say about it in the Bible. I was writing an e-mail this morning and this scripture summed it up nicely. Then I began to meditate on it. As I did, somthing was made clear. If you truly love someone with the love of God in your heart, how could you have anything but total forgiveness toward them in your heart. It doesn't excuse the behavior (love the man hate the sin) but it does remove the acid and bitterness that corrodes your heart. It may release that person to repent and move on as well.

No comments: