
A Thorn in the Flesh
7Because of the surpassing greatness of the (N)revelations, for this reason, to keep me from exalting myself, there was given me a (O)thorn in the flesh, a (P)messenger of Satan to torment me--to keep me from exalting myself!
8Concerning this I implored the Lord (Q)three times that it might leave me.
9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for (R)power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather (S)boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
10Therefore (T)I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with (U)distresses, with (V)persecutions, with (W)difficulties, (X)for Christ's sake; for (Y)when I am weak, then I am strong.
9And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for (R)power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather (S)boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
10Therefore (T)I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with (U)distresses, with (V)persecutions, with (W)difficulties, (X)for Christ's sake; for (Y)when I am weak, then I am strong.
Think of a beautiful long stemmed rose. Picture the velvet petals. Imagine their softness between your fingertips. Smell the sweet aroma. What a wonderful loving gift from God of beauty to encourage our souls. But if you don't approach it carefully, with the respect it commands, the thorns will prick you and blood will flow.
O.2 Corinthians 12:7 : Num 33:55; Ezek 28:24; Hos 2:6
P.2 Corinthians 12:7 : Job 2:6; Matt 4:10; 1 Cor 5:5
Q.2 Corinthians 12:8 : Matt 26:44
R.2 Corinthians 12:9 : 1 Cor 2:5; Eph 3:16; Phil 4:13
S.2 Corinthians 12:9 : 1 Cor 2:3; 2 Cor 12:5
T.2 Corinthians 12:10 : Rom 5:3; 8:35
U.2 Corinthians 12:10 : 2 Cor 6:4
V.2 Corinthians 12:10 : 2 Thess 1:4; 2 Tim 3:11
W.2 Corinthians 12:10 : 2 Cor 6:4
X.2 Corinthians 12:10 : 2 Cor 5:15, 20
Y.2 Corinthians 12:10 : 2 Cor 13:4
No comments:
Post a Comment